Saturday, July 16, 2011

Even if you get life again.

I absolutely loved 'Zindagi Na Milege Dobara'.

Despite all my efforts to love sophisticated cinema, I fall yet again, for the simplistic, rainbow palette of a peppy-song-filled Hindi movie. I do so, unabashedly. And here's why.

I am the queen of mush. Old friends bonding over old jokes that never get old will get me...EVERY time. Old friends trying out new things brings a child like joy to me that no amount of chocolate can. No matter how different their context, no matter how bizarre the thing they try to pass off as philosophy, no matter how utterly lame the plots is, an unlikely story is what I love about cinema.

Of course I don't imagine living like that, doing those things or being half as spontaneous. Of course I wouldn't hope for people like them in my life. But what can I do if I love the broken voice of Farhan Akhtan mocking wrong accents as we do all the time. Of Hrithik being as uptight about life as I am often. How can I possibly help loving a movie that finally casts Naseeruddin Shah as more than an item boy...there's a man who gets sexier everyday.

I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment