Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Its gonna be okay

Is there anybody out there who has never been told, "Its gonna be okay." 

I for one, have been told quite the million times over. Whether it was a rejected college application, an enormous burn from the coffee vending machine, a mild heartbreak or a blinding heartburn. Sometimes I've believed it. At other times I've tried to believe it. And believe it or not, its been okay. 

Its been alright either because the seemingly terrible event was probably a non-issue. Or perhaps I outgrew the pain. Or simply the fact that I grew older.  Now what does that say about me? 

Does it make me one of those annoyingly optimistic people? The 'nothing-can-ever-get-me-down' type. To be fair, I am in fact quite positive. But I am also a wallow-er.  I cannot talk myself out of grief. Despite that, 'everything seems to have become okay'. And that makes me wonder if I have not actually faced anything truly sad yet. Relieved but curious.

I've always wanted to know myself well. And it occurs to me that I don't really know my pain threshold. This is not to say that I'm unhappy about not being unhappy. Quite delighted, really. But it makes me wonder.

Or is it that life is simply a sum total of the number of things one takes in one's stride. The things we forgive and forget, the things we accept and move on. It is possible that the not-so-great events in my life have changed me in a way that they've become a part of me. Now that is a very promising proposition! It seems to suggest that natural selection wont throw me out! That no matter what, I'll survive.

That's it then. Let me believe that phoenix-like I shall rise, every time!

On that very positive note, Happy New Year everyone! It seems like its gonna be OKAY!

2 comments:

  1. Three things:

    1. I DID NOT know you were a wallower. After all these years. I guess discovery never ends.

    2. Your pain threshold changes everyday, with every little thing you see, with every little thing you experience. What I'm saying is, you can NEVER fully know your pain threshold.

    3. Its going to be a lot more than okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what I love about my blog? Quite out-of-the-blue, i'll come back to it and there'll be a comment from you, which makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete